Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Year ..


Well.. it's just about a month into the new year and there has a lot that has changed. I finally had a chance to go to the Dallas Market and I was a tad disappointed. I have heard many great things about High Point in North Carolina so I was expecting something of that magnitude at the Dallas market, but was a little let down. I did happen to come across this great piece!


I saw this piece and absolutely feel in love with it. I always enjoy a great architectural piece! I also feel in love with this piece because in school I am in a studio called Adaptive Reuse. In this studio we have to research a historic building that inspires us (I chose the Milan building in Italy) and then we have to choose a "theme," which I chose Mechanics, and finally we have to convert the historic building into multi-family lofts using the theme we chose. This is a great exercise because I have to really do research on the building as well as my theme and also a TON of research on building codes so I know what I can and cannot do. I am excited to work on this project and will definitely post the final project.


Another thing that has changed since the last post is that I had a chance to work on a staging project. M Designs received a call wanting us to take on a staging project that we had to turn around within a two week time period... ah, another day at M Designs, haha. We were definitely on for the challenge! Denise and I pulled together almost the whole house within a few days and I think it turned out very well!

This is the dining room. We purchased the wing chairs from a local shop, found some great fabric at a local fabric shop and our amazing upholsterer, Nitia, turned both of these chairs around in less than 2 days!!


This set up was in the entry. I love the scale of it as you walk into the front door. I also love that is very symmetrical.

Lastly, here is a cute picture of Zander.. just because :)

M Designs is picking up a lot and we are starting to see great projects coming our way. These will in fact keep me busy! This is the last year of school as well so it is getting pretty intense. I have noticed that only the competition is getting a bit tougher. I am not worried though!

Well, that is all for now. One of my resolutions is to update this at least twice a month... We will see how that works out for me. :)

More to come...

J. Aparicio

No comments:

Post a Comment